Hometown Teams – Movie “The Final Season”
March 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
The movie “The Final Season” is part of a series of Hometown Teams events. Smithsonian’s Museum on Main Street traveling exhibit “Hometown Teams: How Sports Shape America” will be in Mount Vernon, Iowa from March 18 to April 28, 2018. It is one of ten related events that is scheduled while the exhibit is in Mount Vernon.
This Monday Matinee Movie for Adults, set in Norway, Iowa, tells the true story of an underdog coach and the high school baseball team that must defend their legacy against insurmountable odds. Popcorn and a soft drink are provided.
RSVP on Facebook.
- This event is presented by Cole Library.
- Attendance is free and open to the public.
Complete Schedule of Hometown Teams Events:
- Sat. March 24, 10:30-11:30 a.m. – More Than Just a Game: African American Athletes in Iowa
- Mon. March 26, 1-3 p.m. – Movie “The Final Season”
- Wed. April 4, 7-8:30 p.m. – From the Pressbox: An Eastern Iowa Sports Media Panel
- Sat. April 7, 10-11:30 a.m. – How Iowa Met Baseball: The Myths, The History, The Players
- Sat., April 7, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Coach Jim Van Scoyoc meet and greet
- Sat. April 14, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – “A Wrestling Life,” Talk and and Book Signing by Dan Gable
- Sat., April 14, 1-2:30 p.m. – Playing to Win: Kids and Sports
- Sat. April 21, 10-10:30 a.m. – Remembering 6-on-6 Gallery Talk
- Sat. April 21, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. – Collecting Girls’ and Women’s Sport Histories in Iowa
- Sun., April 22, Noon-4 p.m. – Collecting Girls’ and Women’s Sport Histories in Iowa