- This event has passed.
Art Walk 2017
November 4, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
The 3rd Annual Walk includes 33 Art Stops with opportunities to to shop art in Mount Vernon and Lisbon!
RSVP and share this event on Facebook.
The tour is a continuous loop throughout both Uptown Mount Vernon and downtown Lisbon, with maps to all events and exhibits located at each participating venue. This year the event will feature 33 stops in the two communities at galleries, restaurants, shops and other spaces devoted to the celebration of creativity and art.
- Free parking and free admission.
- Look for the red balloons outside each participating art stop!
- Each Art Stop will offer refreshments, have a special exhibit, or offer something fun and arty.
This event began to call attention to Mount Vernon’s “three blocks to shop” in the historic Uptown business district, and will include stops at several art galleries and studios bookended by East End Art on the East side of First Street and First Brick Art Gallery, 224 First St. SW, on the West side. This year the event has expanded to include stops in Lisbon.
New This Year:
- Over double in size, including Art Stops in both Mount Vernon and Lisbon!
- Washington Elementary Student Artists Exhibit hosted by First Street Community Center and reception sponsored by Mount Vernon Bank & Trust.
- An exhibit devoted to the members of the Mount Vernon Area Arts Council at new venue Mount Vernon Creates (the former Maya building)
- Kids art activities at Lisbon Public Library
- Community Mural Tour at 2PM, led by Arts Council President Steve Maravetz.
“This is the 3rd Annual Art Walk and the first time that we have partnered with the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group (CDG),” said Chair of the Art Walk committee Chris Goodwin. “With CDG’s help, we have nearly tripled our number of venues including several in Lisbon. We are asking everyone to come out and support art and creativity in Mount Vernon.”
- First Street Community Center (FSCC)
- East End Art & Tea
- The Twig & Fairy Room
- School House Antiques
- One Mission
- Iron Leaf Press
- Hands in Harmony
- Alger’s Pizza Palace
- Scarlett Boutique
- Mount Vernon Confections
- Mana Vault Comics with Ink Expressions
- Bauman’s Clothing
- First Brick Art Gallery
- Ben & Flo’s
- Alice’s Wonderland
- Big’s BBQ
- Kae Apothecary
- Zoe’s Pet Deli
- Lincoln Wine Bar
- Mt Vernon Creates
- Chameleon’s Pub & Grub
- Silver Spider
- Palisades Cafe
- Vintage 1891
- Right Frame of Mind
- Fuel…Art & Espresso
- Gwen’s Restaurant
- Lisbon Library
- Bill’s Tap
- The Fantastic Escape
- Addy’s Public House
- Canton Studio
About the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group
The Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group exists to improve the social and economic well-being of Mount Vernon and Lisbon by capitalizing on their unique identity, assets and character. Mount Vernon was selected as a Main Street community in 2008, and practices economic development within the context of historic preservation.
About Main Street
The Main Street Approach is a copyrighted process of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Program has been used in Iowa since 1986 with a total of 56 communities having participated. Mount Vernon was selected as a Main Street community on March 4, 2008 by the State of Iowa, after submitting a comprehensive application and presenting to a select board of reviewers.