Trivia Night Fundraiser
January 18 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$20
The Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group (CDG), a Main Street Iowa organization, has announced a new Trivia Night fundraiser!
RSVP on Facebook!
The event has been scheduled to raise the final $3,000 needed for the upcoming 2018 Smithsonian Museum on Main Street exhibit, set to tour to Mount Vernon from March 18, 2018, to April 30, 2018. Mount Vernon will be one of six Iowa communities chosen to host the Smithsonian’s “Home Town Teams: How Sports Shaped America,” and will be the first community in Iowa to host this particular Smithsonian exhibit.
The Trivia Night fundraiser event is being created in conjunction with the First Street Community Center, and will include a wine and hors d’oeuvres reception, silent auction and trivia game with prizes.
“We are very close to reaching our goal to bring the Smithsonian’s Home Town Teams: How Sports Shape America exhibit to Mount Vernon,” said board president Kate Rose. “This final fundraiser will take place inside the remodeled First Street Community Center gym, the site of the spring exhibit. Come take part and help us raise the final few dollars needed to bring this exhibit to Mount Vernon.”
Tickets to the fundraising event are $20 per person, and individuals can sign up with or without a team, although teams of 5 to 8 people are encouraged. Food and Silent Auction donations are being solicited by the board and staff of the CDG.
Registration and payment is due by January 11, 2018.
- 6:30PM – Reception
- 7:00PM – Trivia
- 9:30PM – Celebratory wine and final silent auction bids
Silent Auction Items:
- Mt Vernon HS Boys Baseball – first pitch 5/25, 7 pm
- Mt Vernon HS Football Team – Honorary Captain
- Mt Vernon HS Girls Basketball
- Mt Vernon HS Girls Volleyball – Guest Coach, pre game strategy review, sit on the bench
- Mt Vernon HS Boys Basketball-pre-game & sit on the bench
- Mt Vernon Marching Band – Direct fight song, pic, pillow
- Mt Vernon Fire Department Firetruck Ride & Tour Firehouse
- Gift basket – Wine, chocolate, shortbread
- 2 Raspberry Danish Kringle (homemade)
- 2 dozen dinner rolls (homemade)
- Woman’s necklace and earring set
- Woman’s necklace and earring set
- Whimsical necklace
- Homemade fudge
- Gift basket: Homemade soap assortment
- Who Said That board game
- Play It Smart Board Game
- Kirby Puckett dry mounted poster
- Another Kirby Puckett dry mounted poster
- Hancher poster
- A Wrestling Life, Dan Gable, autographed
- Pez characters
- 3 LP vinyl albums: The Who “Fall Dances,” Til Tuesday “Everything’s Different Now,” and Talking Heads “Little Creatures”
- 10 lbs. of Mt Vernon gorown tomatoes (Aug. or Sept.)
- Yoga gift certificate
- Two family passes to Mount Vernon pool for Summer 2018
- 12 homemade taffy apples (Fall 2018)
About the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group
The Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group exists to improve the social and economic well-being of Mount Vernon and Lisbon by capitalizing on their unique identity, assets and character. Mount Vernon was selected as a Main Street community in 2008, and practices economic development within the context of historic preservation.
About Main Street
The Main Street Approach is a copyrighted process of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Program has been used in Iowa since 1986 with a total of 56 communities having participated. Mount Vernon was selected as a Main Street community on March 4, 2008 by the State of Iowa, after submitting a comprehensive application and presenting to a select board of reviewers.