- This event has passed.
Cornell Theatre: “Rent”
October 25, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until October 28, 2018
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until October 28, 2018
Set in the East Village of New York City in the ’90s, “Rent” is about reaching for love in the midst of tragedy, defying the odds, and living for today. Based loosely on Puccini’s “La Boheme,” “Rent” follows seven artists as they struggle to survive under the shadow of HIV and AIDS, poverty, bigotry, homophobia, and addiction. Through joy and loss, celebration and heartbreak, these artists come together as they learn to face the future and measure their lives not in possessions, but in love.
Featuring a cast of 16 campus and community members, this production will also include a surprise cameo appearance. Audiences are invited to arrive early to enjoy the cash bar, provided by Bon Appétit. On Thursday, Oct. 25, the audience is also invited to attend a post-show talk-back with area experts as we discuss the present-day impact of the themes and topics within this production.
This production is intended for mature audiences.
Parking is available in the lot behind and to the south of the theater at the corner of College Boulevard and Summit Avenue.
- Music direction by Janelle Lauer
- Choreography by Dance Artist in Residence Alvon Reed
- Costume design is by Jenny Nutting Kelchen
- Scenic design is by guest designer Matt Allar
- Projections and lighting are by Professor of Theatre and Dance Scott Olinger
- Thursday, October 25, 2018: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 26, 2018: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27, 2018: 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28, 2018: 2:00 p.m.
- Adults $15
- Seniors/Students/Youth $12
- Free for Cornell College Faculty/Staff/Students
For tickets contact the Box Office at 319-895-4293 or at email@example.com. Regular Box Office business hours are Monday-Friday at 3:15–5:15 p.m. two weeks prior to performance, and one hour prior to show time. The Box Office is closed during block breaks and school holidays.