- This event has passed.
LilFest Concert: Tim Grimm
January 26, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm$5 – $50
Emmy-nominated Tim Grimm is a bit of a Renaissance man in the performing arts world. He has for the past 15 years, blended his love for songwriting, travel, rural life, and the storytelling of acting (theatre, film and television). His most recent recording- A Stranger in this Time (2017), is a collaboration with his wife Jan and sons Connor and Jackson — the “Family Band”.
In the fall of 2016 this same group recorded the single – Woody’s Landlord — which was the #1 song on Folk Radio for the year. Tim’s previous recording, The Turning Point, produced the #1 song on Folk Radio in 2014: King of the Folksingers. It was a particularly gratifying honor, given that the song is a tribute to Tim’s friend and musical icon, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott. Tim’s history with Ramblin’ Jack goes back 30 years– beginning with a bicycle ride that led to The Newport Folk Festival. Tim contributed liner notes to Jack’s Grammy winning album, The South Coast (1995). Jack recorded Buffalo Skinners with Tim on Tim’s album, Coyote’s Dream (2003), and, most recently, King of the Folksingers.
” The Turning Point is one of this year’s best (cds). Tim Grimm has a taste for melody and keen insight that few of his colleagues can boast. Along with greats like Greg Brown and John Gorka, Tim Grimm is in my opinion among the best singer-songwriters in the United States.”
–THE LONG JOURNEY- Roots and Country Music
General Concert Information:
- A LilFest Concert is an intimate concert in a relaxed setting.
- Reservations suggested in advance or at the door:
- $5 Student
- $20 Gen. Admission
- $50 VIP Seating
- Bring your own beverages and snacks into the theatre with purchase of the Uptown Theatre venue’s First St. Community Center Sippy Cup ($5)
- Doors open at 7:15pm and the concert begins at 7:30pm
- Reserve an early dinner before the concert at the Palisades Café, mention LilFest, and receive the evening’s LilFest special.