- This event has passed.
Virtual Science Cafe
May 18 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on April 20, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on May 18, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The virtual Science Cafes will continue in 2021. Since the events will be virtual, it is a great opportunity to combine our two Science Cafe communities and allow for even more participation (friends and family in other parts of Iowa)!
Please RSVP to the event using the link provided, and then you will receive the zoom information before the cafe event begins.
The Science Cafe dates and times are:
- Tuesday March 9, 2021 at 5 pm – RSVP online
- Dr. George Weiner: “Advances in cancer immunotherapy”
- Dr. Weiner holds these titles: Director, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, Professor of Internal Medicine, Professor of Pharmaceutical Science Experimental Therapeutics
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 7 pm – RSVP online
- Dr. Aliasger Salem: “Scaffolds for bone regeneration”
- Dr. Salem holds these titles: Bighley Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences; Professor of Pharmaceutics; Co-Leader, Experimental Therapeutics Program, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5 pm – RSVP online
- Dr. Josalyn Cho: “On the Frontlines: Environmental Influences on Lung Immunity and Health”
- Dr. Cho is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine- Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Occupational Medicine.