Alzheimer’s – 3 Part Series
Over 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s, and as many as 16 million will have the disease by 2050. Please attend any or all of the 3 part series to learn about this disease. These presentations are free and open to the public.
RSVP to Cheryl at 319-895-6211
Know the 10 Signs
- Tuesday, March 21, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Learn the 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s disease, hear from people who have the disease, and find out how to recognize the signs in yourself and others.
Effective Communication Strategies
- Tuesday, April 25, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Attend this presentation to explore how communication takes place when someone has Alzheimer’s, learn to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia, and identify strategies to help you connect and communicate at each stage of the disease.
Legal & Financial Planning for Alzheimer’s
- Tuesday, May 16, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- The diagnosis of Alzheimer’s makes planning for the future more important than ever. Learn about important legal and financial issues, how to put plans in place, and how to access resources near you.