Cornell College MKL Week
This event is open to all Cornell and local community members.
- MLK Day of Service, Orange Carpet: 9am-5pm
- Join the Cornell College Civic Engagement Office and Office of Intercultural Life in sewing heart pillows for University of Iowa cardiac surgery patients, making tie blankets for Hope Lodge cancer patients with Colleges Against Cancer, or sewing quilts for children in need through Project Linus with fabric donated by Helios Stitch N Stuff in Mount Vernon.
- MLK Speech and Vigil, Thomas Commons: 5pm-5:45pm
- Chop it up Chats – Socioeconomic Posing & Sensitivity, Orange Carpet: 11:30am
- The Office of Intercultural Life invites you to join us the second Tuesday of each block over the lunch hour for a drop-in, student and Cornell community-driven dialogue about various topics of culture, diversity, and inclusion. During this discussion, we would like you to share your ideas and experiences regarding the sensitivities, misconceptions, misrepresentations, and societally-imposed “posing” of certain socioeconomic statuses.
- Poetry Contest and SLAB Poetry for Resistance, Van Etten Lacey House: 5:30pm-6:15pm
- MLK Cultural Impact Walk-Through Symposium, Orange Carpet: 11am-12:30pm
- Radio Tribute, Thomas Commons: 12pm-1pm
- MLK Trivia, Thomas Commons: 5pm-6pm
- Soul Food Dinner, Stoner House: 6:30pm-8pm