Cornell Theatre: “Spitfire Grill”
A feisty parolee follows her dreams, based on a page from an old travel book, to a small town in Wisconsin and finds a place for herself working at Hannah’s Spitfire Grill. It is for sale but there are no takers for the only eatery in the depressed town, so newcomer Percy suggests to Hannah that she raffle it off. Entry fees are one hundred dollars and the best essay on why you want the grill wins. Soon, mail is arriving by the wheelbarrow full and things are definitely cookin’ at the Spitfire Grill.
- By Fred Alley, James Valcq, and Lee David Zlotoff
- Directed by Caroline Price
Parking is available in the lot behind and to the south of the theater at the corner of College Boulevard and Summit Avenue.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 28, 2020: 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020: 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1, 2020: 2:00 p.m.
- Adults $10
- Seniors/Students/Youth $7
- Free for Cornell College Faculty/Staff/Students
For tickets contact the Box Office at 319-895-4293 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular Box Office business hours are Monday-Friday at 3:15–5:15 p.m. two weeks prior to performance, and one hour prior to show time. The Box Office is closed during block breaks and school holidays.