Mount Vernon Window Dressing Project
Anna Woodward, a window dresser and professional merchandiser, is coming to Mount Vernon as part of a Main Street Iowa grant to help three businesses in Uptown Mount Vernon redo their front window displays. Those businesses are Czech Feather & Down, Iron Leaf Press ,and Video Village.
Anna plans to offer a workshop in the morning. Then she will spend the entire day working with volunteers to redo three window displays in Uptown Mount Vernon, Iowa.
According to Woodward’s promotional materials: “Window displays are often the No. 1 determinant on whether foot traffic walks in or walks by.” She plans to offer a workshop that offers ways to “capture customers attention and techniques to manage this often overlooked and difficult space.”
A lot of help and all skill levels are needed. Students, friends, family – all are welcome to help. Interested volunteers should contact Joe Jennison.
Schedule for the Mount Vernon Window Dressing Project:
- 8:30 a.m.to 9:30 a.m. Presentation in the basement of City Hall (all welcome)
- 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Czech Feather & Down
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Iron Leaf Press
- 1 to 2 p.m. Free Lunch provided by CDG in the basement of City Hall (for all hard-working volunteers, those at Iron Leaf Press will eat a bit late)
- 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Video Village
If you sign up for this event, you can expect to learn about window displays and visual merchandising from a real pro.
- Participants will get a full day of practical experience, as well as making three important Main Street shops to look beautiful and inviting.
- All who sign up should plan to make the 8:30 a.m. meeting AND one or two of the shop redesigns.
- A free lunch will be provided by the CDG.