Mt Vernon Community Blood Drive
Donors needed at the upcoming Mt Vernon Community Blood Drive!
Sign up today to help our community get through this pandemic crisis. Your donation will help to keep the blood supply stable as we all get through this challenging time. See below for information on how you can donate blood and stay safe!
Please consider making an online appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed to ensure that social distancing guidelines are met.
Please note the following safety protocols for our blood drive:
• You must have an appointment on the schedule to donate at this blood drive. We will not be accepting walk-in donations right now, so we can ensure social distancing protocols.
• You cannot bring additional guests with you to the drive, unless they too are donating and have an appointment.
• We will space our donor beds, screening rooms and waiting chairs further apart than normal. In addition, our staff will change gloves and sanitize hands between donors. Donation beds will be wiped down with disinfectant between donors.
• We are ensuring that frequently touched surfaces, like donor beds, chairs and lap tops are sanitized.
• We are encouraging donors to complete the online medical questionnaire (EarlyQ) ahead of their appointment by clicking the EarlyQ link on our websitewww.bloodcenter.org, under the “Donating Blood” tab.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: Blood drives remain an “essential” healthcare service and are deemed an acceptable form of travel.
We need those who are healthy and well to continue to donate at our mobile blood drives so that we can keep a strong supply that supports our local communities and allows us to help in other areas during this crisis situation. All types are needed.