Morning person needed to water plants on Main Street through the summer.
Request for Proposal
Project: Main Street Summer Plant Maintenance
Mount Vernon Lisbon Community Development Group (CDG)
Object: To ensure that the flowering plants on Main Street Mount Vernon remain healthy and attractive through continued summer watering.
Project Area: Four City blocks of flowers in hanging baskets and several planters with larger plant material throughout Uptown Mount Vernon.
- A commitment to daily watering early in the morning (5-7 a.m.) – unless it rains – or as needed. Estimated time to water all plants is approximately two hours each day including weekends, May through September.
- Must provide any equipment needed for watering, including truck and equipment to reach very high (10-15 feet) hanging baskets. CDG has access to watering system, if needed, but successful candidate must have access to a truck or trailer.
- Water for project is provided by the City of Mount Vernon.
- Contracted work meant for a licensed and insured gardener, landscaper or maintenance person. Bid should include hourly wage on only those days in the summer when there is no rain.
- Serious and dependable only.
Please submit bids (and verify receipt) by April 14 at 5 p.m. to:
Joe Jennison, Mount Vernon Lisbon Community Development Director
311 1st Street NW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314