Restaurant Week 2018 takes place from Sept. 14 to 23.
Pick up a Passport at any one of the 18 participating restaurants.
Do you have what it takes to experience all the culinary artists in Mount Vernon and Lisbon? If so, you could win a $20 lunch or dinner courtesy of the 18 participating Restaurant Week businesses.
Here’s how it works.
- Dine in at least five of the participating businesses during Restaurant Week.
- Have an employee sign the passport anywhere on the restaurant’s descriptor.
- Fill out your information on the back of the passport.
- Turn in your completed passport to any participating restaurant or the Mount Vernon Visitor’s Center by Oct. 1.
- If your passport is chosen, you will win $20 dinner on us courtesy of the 18 participating restaurants.
Remember, tax and tip are not included with any Restaurant Week pricing – please be kind to your waitstaff.
Turn in your completed passport to any participating restaurant or to the:
Mount Vernon Visitor’s Center
P.O. Box 31
311 1st St. NW
Mount Vernon, Iowa 52314
- Bon Appetit at Cornell College (319) 895-4363 Hours: Monday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 5 to 7 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 5 to 7 p.m. This locally sourced, scratch-cooked eatery offers all-you-can-eat buffet-style meals. Choose from a buffet of Ethiopian, Spanish, American Classics, Italian, soup/salad bar and daily fresh-baked desserts. During Restaurant Week, Bon Appetit is offering two all-you can eat dinners for $20. Cornellcollege.edu/dining-services, 600 1st Ave. SW, Mount Vernon, IA
- The Perfect Blend Shortbread Company (319) 895-6862 Tuesday through Saturday, 10ish to 5 p.m. The Perfect Blend Shortbread Company is housed inside a 165-year-old brick building on Mount Vernon’s historic 1st Street, and shares its space with a gift shop, art gallery and a knitting shop. For Restaurant Week, The Perfect Blend will be offering a 20-piece assortment of its famous shortbread for $20. perfectblendshortbread.com, 224 1st St. SW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Big’s BBQ BrewPub Bigsbbqmv.com This former rental house in the Main Street District is now home to Big’s BBQ BrewPub. For Restaurant Week, Big’s will be offering two pulled pork sandwich meals plus choice of BBQ tacos or BBQ sliders as an appetizer, all for $20. Hours: Daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., 124 2nd Ave. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Lincoln Wine Bar (319) 895-9463 Monday through Friday, 5 to 9 p.m. ish; Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. ish. The Lincoln Wine Bar offers wood-fired pizza utilizing an oven that was specially made in Naples, Italy. For Restaurant Week, LWB is offering a pizza off the regular menu and a glass of house red or house white for $20. Foodisimportant.com, 125 1st St. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Mount Vernon Creates Art Gallery, Wine Shop and Events (319) 895-2682 Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Thursday also 5 to 7 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Browse the art gallery while enjoying wine in this cozy setting or take a bottle to go. During Restaurant Week, house wines are $10/bottle or two for $20. Bring Your Own Vinyl Night is every Thursday starting at 5 p.m., Mountvernoncreates.com, 121 1st St. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Chameleon’s Pub & Grub (319) 895-8654 Hours: Kitchen open daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For Restaurant Week, Chameleon’s will be offering a choice of two of four specials (mix and match) for $20. Choose from the Greek Chicken Salad, Royale Burger, Fried Green Tomato BLT or Korean BBQ Tacos. Chameleonspubandgrub.com, 119 1st St. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Palisades Café(319) 895-4041Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Palisades serves “artful food with a local flair” and regularly offers exhibits by local artists. For Restaurant Week, Palisades Café is offering a dinner special and a glass of wine for $20. Cafepalisades.com, 117 1st St. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Mount Vernon Confections (319) 895-4041 Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. Chocolate shop and ice cream parlor uses fruit from owner’s family farm in many recipes. For Restaurant Week, Mount Vernon Confections will be offering a half-pound box of assorted chocolates for $20. Mvconfections.com, 118 1st St. SW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Scorz (319) 895-8453 Hours: Open daily 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Scorz Bar & Grill is a local sports bar with a great menu and game room. For Restaurant Week, Scorz will be offering two burgers, two fries, two sodas for $20. Facebook.com/scorz-bar-grill-15663232327713716, 109 1st St. NW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Alger’s Pizza Palace (319) 895-6971 Hours: Monday through Friday, 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday noon to 10 p.m. The Alger family has owned and operated this pizza restaurant for 31 years. The restaurant’s East Wall is covered in a large mural, painted by Mickey Woods that challenges patrons to find 40 hidden things in the mural. For Restaurant Week, Pizza Palace is offering a large three-topping pizza and order of garlic cheese bread and two sodas. All for $20. Algerspizzapalace.com, 106 1st St. SW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Skillet Café (319) 895-8540 Hours: Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Skillet is celebrating 10 years of serving fresh, made-to-order skillet meals for breakfast or lunch. For Restaurant Week, Skillet Café is offering two signature breakfasts (corn beef hash or eggs benedict) plus coffee or fountain soda for $20. Thursdays also open late for dinner, 5 to 8 p.m. Skilletcafe.net, 101 1st St. NE, Mount Vernon, IA
- Fuel Art & Espresso (319) 895-8429 Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mama Ouverson has been making Fuel’s baked goods from scratch for more than13 years. For Restaurant Week, Fuel is offering four scones and two lattes for $20. Facebook.com/tommie.fuel, 103 1st St. NE, Mount Vernon, IA
- Sing-A-Long Bar & Grill (319) 895-9464 Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; 8 a.m. to noon on Sunday. The Sing-A-Long offers lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, , soup and salad bar, and player piano music every day. For Restaurant Week, the Sing-A-Long is offering soup and salad bar with a drink for two for $20; or two glasses of wine and an appetizer for $20. Singalongmv.com; or Facebook.com/sing-a-longbarandgrill, 100 1st St. SE, Mount Vernon, IA
- Yock’s Landing, 102 1st St. SE, Mount Vernon, IAFacebook.com/yockslandingThis local hangout/clean dive bar offers a happy hour Monday through Thursday from 4 to 6:30 p.m., and free popcorn starting at 3 p.m. ish. For Restaurant Week, Yock’s Landing will offer a large Lotzza Motzza pizza and a pitcher of beer or soda for $20. Hours: Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Sunday, noon to midnight, (319) 895-6160
- Java Hut (319) 895-6334 Hours: Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to noon and 3 to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Java Hut is the only coffee shop in the area that delivers. For Restaurant Week, Java Hut is offering 20 percent off the “Drink of the Day” and if you buy a $20 gift card, you get a $5 gift card for free. Facebook.com/Java-Hut-163905170324443, 353 Highway 30 SW, Mount Vernon, IA
- Addy’s Public House (319) 408-1096 Hours: Tuesday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For Restaurant Week, Addy’s Public House will be offering burger and tenderloin dinners with hand-cut fries, two for $20. Happy Hour specials are offered every Tuesday through Friday from 4 to 7 p.m., Facebook.com/addyspublichouse, 126 E. Main St., Lisbon, IA
- Gwen’s (319) 455-2873 Hours: Wednesday through Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Gwen’s is a family-owned and operated restaurant serving meals in the same spot for 37 years. For Restaurant Week, Gwen’s is offering two dinner buffets for $20. Facebook.com/GwenGary35, 119 W. Main St., Lisbon, IA
- Whitey’s (319) 455-3191 Hours: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, breakfast from 6:3-0 to 10:30 a.m. and lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Whitey’s bar and restaurant serves great food and a hearty menu. For Restaurant Week, Whitey’s is offering two 4-piece chicken dinners, which includes two sides per dinner. All for $20. Whiteysbarandgrill.com, 125 E Hwy 30, Lisbon, IA