BE Lisbon grant available for Lisbon-based businesses

The City of Lisbon and the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community
Development Group (CDG), a Main Street Iowa organization, today announced
the return of the BE Lisbon grant program for Lisbon-based businesses. This is
the third year of the contest.

Called Business Enhancement (BE) Lisbon, the grant competition has been
modeled after the Iowa Economic Development Authority’s (IEDA) Open 4
Business grant competition. The City of Lisbon is offering one $5,000 grant to
one business, and a second grant worth $2,500 to an additional company. The
winning businesses will be expected to provide a 25% cash match for a project or
projects detailed in its application.

Similar to the Open4Business grant, the BE Lisbon grant winners will be chosen
by a group of judges and based on an application and live or taped business
project pitch.

“We have tried to make this as easy as possible — the written application
accounts for 75% of the applicant’s score, the other 25% comes from a
presentation to be given to a panel of judges,” said BE Lisbon Volunteer Chair
Barb Ihde. “While the funds can’t be used just to help keep the doors open, they
can be used for inventory or marketing for a new product line, which could really
help companies that have to pivot their offerings in these interesting times.”

All submissions must be typed. There is no restriction on length. Applications are
available now through Lisbon City Hall and must be filled out and received back
to Lisbon City Hall by 4 p.m. on Friday October 30, 2020.

Questions can be directed to Jeff Horne at (319) 455-2459 or Barb Ihde at (319)

Share This Page: