BE Lisbon grant program returns

The City of Lisbon and the Mount Vernon-Lisbon Community Development Group (CDG), a Main Street Iowa organization, today announced the return of the BE Lisbon grant program for Lisbon-based businesses.

Called Business Enhancement (BE) Lisbon, the grant competition has been modeled after the Iowa Economic Development Authority’s (IEDA) Open 4 Business grant competition. The City of Lisbon is offering one $5,000 grant to one business. The winning business will be expected to provide a 25% cash match for a project or projects detailed in its application.

Similar to the Open4Business grant, the BE Lisbon grant winner will be chosen by a group of judges and based on an application and a live or taped business project pitch.

“We have tried to make this as easy as possible — the written application accounts for 75% of the applicant’s score, the other 25% comes from a presentation to be given to a panel of judges,” said BE Lisbon Volunteer Chair Barb Ihde. “This is a great opportunity for a Lisbon-based business that is ready to grow.”

All submissions must be typed. There is no restriction on length. Applications are available now through Lisbon City Hall and must be filled out and received back to Lisbon City Hall by 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 4. The presentations will be scheduled for the week of Oct. 21st.

Questions can be directed to Connie Meier at (319) 455-2459 or Barb Ihde at (319) 440-1520.

Find the application here

Find the contest rules here

Find the one-page marketing flyer here


Share This Page: